It is very easy and simple to type in Malayalam (Malayalam Typing - മലയാളത്തിൽ ടൈപ്പ്) using English Keyboard.
Just type the text in English in the given box and press space, it will convert the text in Malayalam script. To see more option about a word just click on the word. To switch between Malayalam and English use ctrl + g keys. It is like Google Indic Malayalam typing software.
Now copy the text and use it anywhere on emails, chat, Facebook, twitter or any website.
- English to Malayalam Translation
- Malayalam Typing in Android Phone App
- Malayalam Typing By Speak - Malayalam Speech to Text
Malayalam Typing is very important for Kerala people because with Malayalam words they can express their feelings too, that is not possible with English language.
How to Type in Malayalam ?
The Malayalam type software shows suggestion for Malayalam typing so you can choose the correct word to type, it also saves your time by providing auto complete facility while typing. If you want to type in Malayalam anywhere on the web, Facebook, twitter, comments you can paste the Malayalam text form the above box.
The text that is converted form English to Malayalam is in Unicode font so you can use it any where even on emails and MS word it will show as you typed. The English to Malayalam converter or English to Malayalam translator is a unique software for your Malayalam Typing Needs it available any time and its 100% Free. This online software is not required any Malayalam font installation on computer system.
1. Type with your English keyboard and press space bar.
2. You will see your English typed word gets converted in Malayalam.
3. If you don't get desired word, you can press backspace key to get more suggestion words, choose one from them. (To pop-up suggestion list you can click on particular word also)
4. If not found your desired word in suggestion list, try another combinations of English letters. This Malayalam transcription works on Phonetics so make English letters combination as the sound vibrates from your mouth.
5. If you not getting right character you can insert any Malayalam character from virtual keyboard (Click on help Icon to open).
6. You can download your typed Malayalam text as either notepad file (.txt) or MS-Word file (.doc).
7. After completing your Malayalam typing work, you can make formatting with open in editor option.
Explore Malayalam Typing
Malayalam (മലയാളം) is a Dravidian language natively spoken in the Indian state of Kerala and the union territories of Lakshadweep. Almost 45 million (i.e. 4.5 Crore) peoples spoke Malayalam language worldwide. The Malayalam script, known as "kolezhuthu" (Rod-Script), is derived from the ancient "Grandha script". The modern Malayalam alphabet has 15 vowel letters, 42 consonant letters, and a few other symbols too, and is written from left to right. Malayalam is official language of Kerala and Lakshadweep.
Extra Knowledge : What we speak is language so Malayalam is language, and What we write is known as script, so Grandha is a script.
Malayalam alphabet consists 16 vowels and 36 consonants.
1. Vowels in Malayalam
16 vowels (Swaram) of Malayalam script are following:
അ, ആ, ഇ, ഈ, ഉ, ഊ, ഋ, ഌ, എ, ഏ, ഐ, ഒ, ഓ, ഔ, ൠ, ൡ
2. Consonants in Malayalam
Consonant are known as Vyanjanam in Malayalam. There are 36 letters for Malayalam consonants are given below:
ക, ഖ, ഗ, ഘ, ങ, ച, ഛ, ജ, ഝ, ഞ, ട, ഠ, ഡ, ഢ, ണ, ത, ഥ, ദ, ധ, ന, പ, ഫ, ബ, ഭ, മ, യ, ര, റ, ല, ള, ഴ, വ, ശ, ഷ, സ, ഹ
3. Malayalam Numerals
Numerals are written symbols used to represent numbers.
Malayalam Numerals ൦, ൧, ൨, ൩, ൪, ൫, ൬, ൭, ൮, ൯
English Numerals 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Interesting Facts about Malayalam
1. The name Malayalam means "mountain region", and comes from mala (mountain) and alam (region).
2. Inscription found from Edakkal Caves, Wayanad, which belongs to 3rd century CE is the oldest inscription found in Malayalam.
3. The origin of Malayalam calendar dates back to year 825 CE.
4. The earliest known literary works in Malayalam are "Ramacharitam" and "Thirunizhalmala", two epic poems written in Old Malayalam.
5. The earliest extant prose work in the language is a commentary in simple Malayalam, Bhashakautalyam (12th century) on Chanakya's Arthashastra.
6. The modern Malayalam grammar is based on the book Kerala Panineeyam written by A. R. Raja Varma in late 19th century CE.
7. Malayalam is also widely spoken in the Gulf countries.
8. Malayalam was designated as "Classical Language" in 2013 by the Indian government.
Frequently Asked Questions ?
1. Is it safe type important document here on website?
Yes, we respect your privacy and don't save it on our server and don't use it in any manner. What you have typed, is with your computer only.
2. What is the technology behind English to Malayalam typing?
It's Malayalam Transliteration, it is machine transliteration software as service enable you to type in Kannada.
3. How to change font of Malayalam text ?
What you have typed with English to Malayalam transcription is in Unicode Malayalam font, so its very portable means you can use this Malayalam text anywhere on the digital world. You can copy from here and paste it on Facebook, WhatsApp, twitter, blogs, comment section at any site. You could download Malayalam text in either as notepad file (.txt format) or document file (MS word).
If you are looking for change font of your typed content you can change font family after download in your system. After download Malayalam text, open with MS word or Notepad and change font family. You can download Malayalam Unicode fonts from our website download menu.
4. Can I get my typed Malayalam text in English also ?
Yes, you can get English translation of your Malayalam text. Just copy the Malayalam text you have typed and paste on Malayalam to English translator tool. You will get translation in seconds.
5. Can I get Malayalam text without type it ?
Yes, you have an alternative for Malayalam typing without using keyboard, what you are looking for is Malayalam voice typing. Let your mic to do typing for you, just speak and your speech will be typed automatically.
6. Difference between Malayalam transliteration and Malayalam translation ?
Transliteration is the process of changing the script used to write words in one language to the script of another language. While on another hand the Translation tells you the meaning of words in another language.
7. Country of Origin?
This website is made in India with love.